Three days till the big day and I’m starting to get just as (if not a little more) antsy/nervous/excited about the M-A-R-A-T-H-O-N as I did before my first one.
Granted, I’m probably making it way bigger than it needs to be. There are so many things wrapped up in this for me:
- I want to PR (6:23 was ok for my first one, but hell, I’d like to do way better this time around!)
- I want to finish in less than 6 hours (I want a FINISHER’S medal, thank you very much, not some consolation prize)
- I want my ankle to not hurt in the last few miles (as it did in the last 3 long runs of the season)
- I want to stay injury-free (’nuff said, really)
- I WANT TO PROVE THE NIKE MARATHON WAS NO FLUKE
Probably putting way too much pressure on myself, but then, I have always done that, so I have plenty of practice there ;).
One thing is for sure, though: I am going to do this, ready or not, rain or shine. I’m going to do this for all the honorees who have endured plenty more things than wimpy ol’ me will have to “endure” in a little over 5 hours (oh please let it really be only a little over 5 hours). This one is (and really all of them are) for them.
So cancer, get ready to cry, you sucka.